Maker of the Year Awards 2021 - Terms And Conditions
1. Entry is open to amateur, professional and student woodworkers.
2. The ‘World’ category is open to people from around the world, including residents of Australia and New Zealand.
3. The other five categories (Art & Objects; Bowls & Boxes; Chests, Cabinets & Shelving; Student; and Tables, Chairs & Desks) are open to citizens and residents of Australia and New Zealand only. In order to receive a prize, entrants must be able to supply an Australian or New Zealand street address. (For the purposes of this competition an Australian or New Zealand resident is defined as someone who has lived in Australia or New Zealand for at least one year at the time of entering this competition.
4. The ‘Student’ category is only open to students enrolled in full- or part-time secondary or tertiary study in 2020/2021.
5. Collaborative entries are permitted however all makers must be listed. Prizes may not be split and will be delivered to one address only.
6. Employees of Yaffa Media Pty Ltd and the sponsors of Maker of the Year Awards 2021 are not permitted to enter the competition.
7. Freelance writers who have been paid to contribute to Australian Wood Review since 1 July 2020 are not permitted to enter the competition.
8. Entries must be made mainly from wood, however other materials may be incorporated.
9. Entries must have been completed after 30 June 2019. If the EXIF data attached to an image shows it was captured before 30 June 2019, the organiser (Yaffa Media Pty Ltd) reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
10. Entries submitted in last year’s competition (Maker of the Year Awards 2020) may not be entered in this year's competition (Maker of the Year Awards 2021).
11. You may enter as many times, in as many categories as you like.
12. You must supply five images of your project with your entry.
13. Image format: Images must be in JPEG (.jpg) or PNG (.png) format.
14. Image dimensions: Images entered should be at least 2,700 pixels on the longest edge.
15. Image file size: Individual images must be no larger than 5MB.
16. Images should not include watermarks or other branding. The competition organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry with a watermark or other branding.
17. Submitted images may be taken by a third party, only if the photographer agrees to the images being used for the purposes stated in condition 18. Where a third-party photographer is used, the photographer’s name should be supplied in the entry description.
18. Each entrant retains copyright and ownership of their work and associated entry images. The entrant provides the organiser a limited-use authorisation to publish and distribute images for the sole purpose of promoting the Maker of the Year Awards. Images will be credited with the name of the creator of the work if used by Australian Wood Review.
19. The entrant must be the creator of any projects submitted and must declare if they have used plans or designs produced by a third party.
20. All categories (except student)
PRE-EARLY BIRD: $20 (15 February to 31 March 2021)
EARLY BIRD: $29 (1 April to 10 June 2021)
STANDARD: $39 (11 June to 25 August 2021)
LAST MINUTE: $59 (26 August to 5 September 2021)
21. Student category
PRE-EARLY BIRD: $12 (15 February to 31 March 2021)
EARLY BIRD: $15 (1 April to 10 June 2021)
STANDARD: $20 (11 June to 5 September 2021)
22. All entry prices in Australian Dollars (AUD).
23. Price is per entry (includes five images per project).
CATEGORY DEFINITIONS AND CRITERIA
24. Tables, Chairs & Desks: This category is for tables, desks, chairs, stools and other seating.
25. Chests, Cabinets & Shelving: This category is for chests, cabinets and shelving, and includes furniture with combined function.
26. Bowls & Boxes: Items for this category may be turned, carved or joined, or made with a combination of techniques.
27. Art & Objects: This category is for freestanding or wall mounted artworks. It includes kitchen and dining ware such as serving boards, spoons and other utensils. Lighting, lamps, musical instruments and hand tools are also included.
28. Student: This is an open-theme category open to students enrolled in full- or part-time secondary or tertiary study in 2020/2021.
29. Overall Maker of the Year Award: The Overall Winner will be selected from the winners of the following categories: Art & Objects; Bowls & Boxes; Chests, Cabinets & Shelving; Tables, Chairs & Desks; and Student. Entries in the 'World' category are not eligible to be 'Overall Winner'.
30. World: This is an open-theme category. It is open to entrants from around the world including Australia and New Zealand.
31. A panel of industry experts will be selected by the staff of Australian Wood Review. The panel will select a winner, runner up and Top 10 (or Top 20) in each category.
32. Entries will be judged on the criteria outlined below:
33. The judges' decision is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
COMPETITION CLOSING DATE
34. Competition closes for entries on 5 September 2021 (11.59pm AEST).
35. Shortlisted entries in each category will be announced at www.woodreview.com.au and on the Australian Wood Review Facebook page before 10 November 2021.
36. Winners, runners up and Top 10 and/or Top 20 entries will be announced in the December 2021 issue of Australian Wood Review (published late November 2021). A parallel winners’ announcement will be made at www.woodreview.com.au.
37. Prize money is in Australian dollars.
38. Product prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a prize is unavailable, the competition organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of similar value and/or specification.
39. The competition organiser takes no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
40. The entrant indemnifies Yaffa Media Pty Ltd against any claim, legal or otherwise, that may arise out of publication of entries and/or images.
41. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry deemed to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
42. By entering images into this competition, the entrant guarantees to the organiser that all of the above Terms and Conditions have been met. Any entry found to breach the above Terms and Conditions will be disqualified and all prize money and product prizes must be returned to the organiser.