Studio Furniture - Terms And Conditions
• Your initial submission will be six images of your work. It may be past work, or work that, if shortlisted, you would be eligible to exhibit in SF2018 (see below).
• The brief for works to be exhibited is for a well considered and crafted piece of furniture, made with saleability in mind. This means your design should take into account not only the sales appeal of your piece, but also its size with regard to its footprint within an exhibition space, and with regard to the logistics of freighting.
• The design and finish should communicate a studio furniture attitude; that is, an emphasis on individually designed and made work.
• Your piece should show an appropriate use of detailing so as to distinguish it from mass-produced manufacture.
• Your entry description must include the concept, materials and techniques used.
• Wood and/or wood products should be the primary material, however other materials may be incorporated.
• Entry is open to all makers: professional, non-professional and student.
• Eligible furniture works include tables, chairs, cabinets, boxes, mirrors, lighting, clocks or furniture with combined function.
• Work should be made within 18 months prior to October 20, 2018 and not previously exhibited.
• Developments of designs and items produced in limited production runs are eligible.
• Collaborative works are eligible, note name and role of each maker and or designer.
• Your piece/s must be for sale.
• Staff and family members of the publishers, gallery owners and competition judges may not enter, however contributing writers to AWR may enter the competition.
• The decision of the judges will be final and no discussion will be entered into.
• The competition organisers reserve the right to not display a selected piece if it does not meet the standards implied in the entrant’s photographic submission.
• Entry is exclusively via online form completion and image upload at this link
• A non-refundable $80 fee is payable on entry.
• Your description should include a short bio/artist statement and captions for images (title, date made, materials, photographer).
• The entry deadline is midnight EST Friday June 8, 2018.
• Shortlisted entrants to provide details and hi-res images of works to be exhibited by September 20.
• Works to be exhibited by shortlisted entrants delivered to Bungendore Wood Works Gallery on October 16, 2018.
• Maker to pay for shipping and insurance thereof for delivery to and from BWWG at the conclusion of the exhibition (if unsold). Where possible group shipping will be facilitated.
• Exhibition pieces must be for sale in line with BWWG terms of commission and wholesale pricing. Advice will be provided upon confirmation of shortlisting.
• Maker to provide tax invoice on delivery.
• Should exhibition piece/s be found not suitable for exhibition and or sale on receiving, BWWG reserves the right not to display or include.