Studio Furniture - Terms And Conditions
• To enter upload six images (1.5–2mb jpegs) of your past work. In the "Entry Description" field add your short bio.
• The brief for works to be exhibited is for a well considered and crafted piece, made with saleability in mind. Consider also its footprint within a gallery space.
• The design and finish should communicate a studio furniture attitude; that is, an emphasis on individually designed and made work.
• Your piece should show an appropriate use of detailing so as to distinguish it from mass-produced manufacture.
• Wood and/or wood products should be the primary material, however other materials may be incorporated.
• A non-refundable $80 fee is payable on entry.
• The entry deadline is midnight EST Friday June 26, 2018.
• Entry is open to all makers: professional, non-professional and student.
• Eligible furniture works include tables, chairs, cabinets, boxes, mirrors, lighting, clocks or furniture with combined function.
• Work should be made within 18 months prior to October 20, 2018 and not previously exhibited.
• Developments of designs and items produced in limited production runs are eligible but show a significant and identifiable modification or refinement.
• Collaborative works are eligible, note name and role of each maker and or designer.
• Your piece/s must be for sale.
• Staff and family members of the publishers, gallery owners and competition judges may not enter, however contributing writers to AWR may enter the competition.
• The decision of the judges will be final and no discussion will be entered into.
• The competition organisers reserve the right to not display a selected piece if it does not meet the standards implied in the entrant’s photographic submission.
• Shortlisted entrants to provide details and hi-res images of works to be exhibited by September 20.
• Works to be exhibited by shortlisted entrants delivered to Bungendore Wood Works Gallery on October 16, 2018.
• Maker to pay for shipping and insurance thereof for delivery to and from BWWG at the conclusion of the exhibition (if unsold). Where possible group shipping will be facilitated.
• Exhibition pieces must be for sale in line with BWWG terms of commission and wholesale pricing. Advice will be provided upon confirmation of shortlisting.
• Maker to provide tax invoice on delivery.
• Should exhibition piece/s be found not suitable for exhibition and or sale on receiving, BWWG reserves the right not to display or include.
Studio Furniture 2018 Timeline
Jun 26: Deadline for entry
Jun 28: Shortlisted entrants announced
Sep 20: Shortlisted entrants submit details and images of work to be exhibited
Oct 16: Deliver work to Bungendore Wood Works Gallery
Oct 20: Exhibition opening and awards presentation
Oct 21: Floor talks with judges and makers at BWWG
Nov 23: SF2018 featured in Wood Review magazine